Feb 11, 2008

Casio EXILIM


I recently bought a Casio Exilim. It is a nice inexpensive camera with a lot of nice features. I originally bought it because it has a YouTube caputre mode in which video is taken in the right size and format for YouTube. Another nice feature is "best shot" it give a variety of typical shots such as portrait or scenery or twighlight and it will change the camera settings for you. It even has a setting for eBay. Another cool feature is the "anti-shake" mode that helps stabilize the camera.

The camera also displays a colored histogram to help you take better pictures. I wasn't sure what this was until I attended the Beach City CUE meeting last week and Stu Woodward taught us about how to use histograms in photography. What you want is a range represented on the histogram. A good web site about histogram is http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/understanding-series/understanding-histograms.shtml

No comments: