On Saturday, I team taught an advanced podcasting workshop with Joan Roehre. Participants in the workshop were really interested in Twitter. Twitter is like a real time blogging tool. Joan shared a Common Craft Video to explain what Twitter is.
I had a Twitter account, but hadn't really done a lot with it. Next, we all got a twitter account and started exploring and twittering with one another. Soon we had other people not at the workshop following us and interested in what we were learning about.
Tammy Lind who was teaching in the other room twittered to us. She asked, "Why do I care?" Joan said this is a valid question and that in order to make Twitter meaningful, you need to build your network. She also said that she thinks of it as "a help desk of your peers".
Toward the end of the workshop someone asked us what the difference was between XML and RSS. We weren't sure, so we posted it to our twitter accounts and sure enough not long after we received an answer. Not long after that someone Twittered the question of was there a program like Garage Band for the Mac for PCs. I was able to Twitter back that Audacity is like Garage Band and can work on a PC or a Mac.
I'm going to play with Twitter some more. If you are interested in following me, my twitter name is tstephens.
May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment