I have recently become addicted to the ACM mini-series Mad Men. It is about an advertising firm in Manhattan in the 1960s. I have been very interested in watching all of the technology in the show. Every executive has one secretary and the place is buzzing with typewriters all day. I asked my husband what in the world were they all typing? He said these people were the equivalent of email today. Executives would record letters into Dictaphones and the secretaries would type up the memos and letters and mail them off to the clients and file copies for their bosses. Most executives don’t have their own secretaries anymore and email has made the majority of what the 1960’s secretaries were doing obsolete.
Compare this to parody done by Microsoft on the Devil Wears Prada on how technology can be used in the work place today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment