This blog post is actually an assignment for an online course I'm taking called A Survey of Emerging Technologies, which is being taught by Theresa Stanley.
Our assignment was to set up a blog and reflect on the process of setting it up. I set up my blog in July of 2006 and I found blogger to be very user friendly. One thing I am continually evolving on is the use of widgets to make the blog more interactive. This has been fun. The next thing I want to learn how to do is to make an interactive poll on my blog.
As part of this assignment we also had to read a blog post by Henry Jenkins called Why Academics Should Blog. Some of the points that I took away from this blog entry was that blogging is indeed a committment. The more disciplined I am about posting the more readers I get. Also that it is a way to keep you writing. I recently read a book for doctoral students on how to complete your dissertation. The book talked about the importance of becoming addicted to writing. My blog has definitely helped me to want to write more and slowly become more addicted to writing.
Jan 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment